Cold weather driving can bring unique challenges and particular wear and tear on your vehicle. Before winter arrives, consider these items when prepping your vehicle for top performance and safety.
- Check headlights, taillights, and all other lights to be sure they are working.
- If the vehicle battery is close to or more than 5 years old, have it checked to be sure it will hold up through the demands of winter.
- Make sure your windshield wipers are in good repair – no chattering to streaking!
- Check your tire tread and air pressure to keep your tires performing well.
- Keep your gas tank at least half full – the weight will provide extra traction and you lessen the change of running out of gas if you get stuck!
- Spray WD-40 into the door and trunk locks to prevent them from freezing.
- Clear off snow from the top of your vehicle, all glass surfaces, and all windows.
Questions or concerns? Your AutoCamp team would gladly schedule a pre-winter check for you!